Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tortellini soup

I was playing around on Pinterest and found a pin for a creamy tomato tortellini soup. 
Of course my mouth started watering so I checked a bit more. 

It's from Two Peas and their Pod ( I'm sorry I can't link to anything on my phone!)

I tweaked the recipe slightly so here goes. 


In a large pot I put 2 tbsp minced garlic, 1 diced onion, 3 tins diced tomatoes ( not the huge tins just the normal size), 3 cans water and a bit of chicken stock. ( it says veggie stock but I had none)

Bring to the boil then blend down to soup consistency. 

Throw in one large bag ( mine says 4 people) of tortellini ( I tried ricotta and veg but there's a few different fresh ones you can get) and cook for about 5 mins. I also put in a cup of Greek yoghurt. Doesn't seem to mix well but tastes amazing!


First bowl full I put grated cheese  on. Second I didn't. Tasted great both ways. I'm also in a cracked pepper mood lately so a good sprinkle of that too. 


Kids are it 

Score 8/10. Would definetely make it again.  Would try with ravioli as well. 

Cost- around $10.50 to make 5L

Annoying part- the tortellini gets bigger the longer it's left ( obviously) which meAnt that by dinner time ( we had it for lunch) it had soaked up most of the liquid. So not a great meal for leftovers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment